Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Lower belly pain. Had vaginal hysterectomy done. Had oral sex. Diagnosed with BV. Remedy?

Hi i would like to know why my lower belly has been hurting. I had a vaginal histortrectomy done in Oct 28th 211. Had a doc appt last week for a std check up. But my dr. Felt as if i was fine. I'm 40yrs old black woman and just about three weeks ago i had oral sex with a man. I've been gay for yrs tho. Just left the gay life. There was no penitration tho. But i did swallow the sperm! my doc Did do a exam on me tho. And right off she looked inside and told me.. Yelp you have BV. I get my std test back today! So with this info.. Can you tell me why my lower belly hurts and why i'm going to the bath room more? Help Please.
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  23
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM.

Thank you for your query.

Bacterial vaginosis (BV) is an infection of the vagina that results in inflammation of the vagina caused by an imbalance in the various bacteria that are otherwise harmless and present in the vagina. Let me list the symptoms of BV for your better understanding. They are:
-Itching around the vagina or genitals
-Lower abdominal pain or cramping
-Thin white watery vaginal discharge
-Burning sensation while urinating
-Frequent urination
-Fishy odor from the vagina, especially after sexual intercourse

This explains the abdominal pain and frequent urination that you are experiencing. Do not worry, as this is treatable and will soon subside. Treatment includes the use of antibiotics (eg. clindamycin, metronidazole, etc.) and pain management medication. I would also request you to refrain from any sexual contact till you are completely healthy again.

If your sexual partner is a known person, and there was some contact between his genitals and your, it would be advisable for you to request him to visit a doctor as well for examination, and if required, treatment.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications. I would gladly help you.

Best wishes.
Answered: Thu, 25 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor