Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Lower back pain when walking. Can you help?

I have a pain in the lower left side of my back area. It is sharp and happens mainly when I walk. Seems to get worse as the day progresses. Thought at first it was my back, but it isn t. More on the side instead. Hurts so bad I can hardly walk. Feels good sitting. Trying to determine if I should go see a doctor. Thinking I will. Can you help?
Asked On : Sun, 23 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  58
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
sure you should see a doctor. your problem seems to be related to muscle cramp of external oblique which is on the side and is aggravated while activity. you should try taking a muscle relaxant , rest for 2-3 days avoid heavy activity, and maintain good posture. rest will be fine. if this doesnt relieve pain sure consult a doctor.
Answered: Sun, 23 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor