Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Lower back pain, swollen leg, feet, ankles. Working in standing position. Taking medication. Suggestions?

I am 52 year old white woman that works as a correctional officer 12 hour shifts sanding on concrete. I have lower back problems and foot surgery. my legs ,feet, ankles swollen and thob. it is hard to walk on my feet . they hurt. I have dr prescription orthodics. they are really look bad after a12hour shift standing. can sta in bed and elevate my feet and still have excruciating pain. what is wrong
Asked On : Sun, 13 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  9
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
you must try to ease off continuous weight bearing by intermittent frequent sit ins for few minutes and try to elevate the foot on a chair in front. Also use Foam on insole of the footwear.Find time to do hot fomentation of foot dipping in warm water for 15 minutes twice a day
Answered: Mon, 28 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor