Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Lower back pain, pain on breathing, sharp shooting pain, knot on back. Cure?

i have been having really bad lower back pains they dont g;o away in any positon im in when i bend over for more than 30 seconds it hurts to breathe when i stand back up. every now and then i get sharp pains thatr shoot up my back and recently my mother noticed a knot on my back its on the left hand side about 10 inches abouve my butt it is hard sore to the touch and doesnt move there area is a little swolen where the knot is have not exsperiencedc any fever or anything with this just serious pain!!! please help!!
Asked On : Thu, 1 Nov 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  140
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The pain in the lower back that you have described is likely to be due to a muscular pain. Since a swelling is there at the site of pain, it is best to get yourself physically examined and X-rayed to find out the cause.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Wed, 3 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Dr. Saurabh Gupta's  Response
Feb 2014
Thanks for writing to us.
The muscle stiffness in your back and the breathing problem may be related to a muscle spasm . A physical examination is necessary to find out the exact cause.
You need to consult an orthopedician for examination of swelling. The treatment usually involves rest with pain killers in combination with the muscle relaxants along with good physiotherapy exercises.
Meanwhile you can do a hot fomentation and apply a local analgesic gel on the area to relieve the spasm.
Wishing you good health...
Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Orthopaedic Surgeon.
Answered: Thu, 4 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Spine Surgeon Dr. S K Mishra's  Response
Kindly consult a spine specialist, get examined and X-rays done . It is difficult to make definitive diagnosis merely on brief history,but rule out a cold abscess (tubercular)
Answered: Fri, 2 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor