Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Lower back pain, hip pain. Unable to sit for long, can't raise leg. How serious is this?

Im 16 years old. I fell in a basketball game about 3 months ago. My lower left back hurt really bad. I went to a chiropractor and he said he thought it could be si joint . He re-adjusted my back and i felt a little but better for a few weeks. The last three or four weeks though my back hurts alot and when I play in games it hurts to make sudden turns and my left hip hurts and a little but of my left leg hurts to sit for a long period of time or sit and raise my leg. Its a sharp peircing pain. Its to the point my coach wants me to sit out and talk to a doctor. How serious is this
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  161
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
It seems that you have injured some internal structures of your hip joint. An MRI scan of the area will help in determining the exact extent of the injury you have suffered. Till then have adequate rest and avoid stressful activities.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Thu, 7 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Dr. Saurabh Gupta's  Response
Feb 2014
Welcome to the forum.
You have swelling in your XXXXXXX with pain and discomfort while sitting . – The symptoms could be inflammatory response to the injury.
Keep your leg raised and apply over 5 to 6 times. Apply a crepe bandage. Antiinflammatory drugs like Tylenol pain relief or advil twice a day might be helpful.
If the discomfort increases or if you feel the pain is unbearable you will need to do an X-ray to rule out possible hair line fracture and examination by an Orthopedician.
I hope this is helpful to you.
You can consult me again directly through my profile
Dr Saurabh Gupta.

Answered: Thu, 7 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor