Lower back pain, diagnosed herniated disc. Changes in bowel, bladder habits. Due to back pain?

I am a 27 y female that was diagnosed with a probable herniated L5 from my EMG results. My doctor then referred me to PT for low back pain. No other tests have been done to confirm the cause of my back pain. I have however noticed that I am having changes in my bowel and bladder habits. I feel as if I am not urinating as much as usual, I am having trouble starting a stream and I feel as if I do not empty my bladder fully some times. I also feel as if I am not getting the sensation to move my bowels. I am usually a very regular when it comes to my bowels, at least once daily, although now it seems to be every 3 days and I am straining. I am drinking plenty of fluids and am quite active. I am just wondering if these symptoms are due to my back, and if I should actually see my doctor about it.
Wed, 16 Oct 2013