Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Lower back pain, detected with loss in spinal curve,worsens on sitting and extending the legs. What could be the cause?

I am 19 and have had lower back pain for about roughly 6 months. It was a pretty sudden onset... I have been actively in karate since I was 14. I skate a lot, roller skating and often times, ice skating too- and it hurts but it doesn t stop me from doing so. Been to one doctor(about 4 months ago) and they said I have lost the curve in my spine , but did no xrays.. just gave me meds that did pretty much nothing. Could this spine curve be what s causing my pain? It feels deep in my back, and is a constant ache. I have another appt on Thursday (next week), and am really nervous. It s a different doctor, so I would like to know what I could expect. The pain hasn t gotten any worse over the time period. Just the same... I have a couple of days it hurts worse, if I m leaning or aggressively doing an activity, but the norm doesn t make it feel an worse. If it were a serious disease (I.E. CANCER?!) would my pain be much worse by now? I have no other symptoms other than the lower, left part of my back (from my side to my spine). Also would like to add it hurts the worst when I m sitting and extend my legs out. My mom has a slipped (Herniated) disk... she thinks this could be the problem. ?
Asked On : Mon, 24 Sep 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  44
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagicForum

Hi..Blinde.., you need to be clinically examined, evaluated, and investigated with Xray, MRI, to find the cause.., only after this you will be treated... at this young age there is very less chance or no chances of cancer, it could be IVDP(disc prolapse),. consult orthopedician..

Take care..
Answered: Mon, 24 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
hello blinde
you may get X-ray or MRI and cosult specialist orthopedic to asertain prob.
In my openion it is a case of disc slip.
I advise u to take ACCUPRESSURE AND MANETOTHERAPY TREATMENT from a specialist.

however in mea time, my advice;--

1.Place south pole of med. power magnet on paining back for half an
hour B.D.
2. Place small magnet near thumb of both leg for half an hour B.D.
THis u have to for 15 days
3.Drink magnetic water 4 time a day regularly.

though all precaution have been taken, may consult magnetotherapy specialist before starting.
Feel free to contact if required

Answered: Wed, 26 Sep 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor