Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Lower back pain around my left kidney, twist rib. How to get cured?

Hi. I have been feeling unweel for 6 weeks. I have lower back pain around my left kidney . Which has caused a rib to twist behind my left shoulder blade causing pain when lifting items. I have had a loss of appitite for this time and subsequently have lost 4.9kg during the last 14 days. i have noticed that i have been brusing easily. I have also been extremely tired during this time and have been sleeping lots. generally getting 9-10 hours sleep a night with a nap either late afternoon or early evening most days for 2 hours. I have still be going to work but find to hard to concentrate during the afternoon. In nov 2010 i was diognosed with glandular fever . and have struggled to overcome this. last week i had a blood and urine test which came back all clear. I know there is still something wong. I have started to isolate myself from friends as i dont have the energy to see them.
Asked On : Wed, 20 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  36
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcaremagic,
You have the following symptoms
1. Lower abdominal pain
2. pain in left shoulder while lifting
3. Prominent Loss of weight and loss of appetite
4. Tiredness
5. Excessive sleep

Blood and urine report -Negative
From your symptoms, I suspect you may be suffering from either Genito Urinary Tuberculosis or Intra Abdominal tumour.

So it is advisable to do furher investigstions
1.Ultrasound abdomen and Pelvis
2.Mantoux test(Tuberculin test)
3. Complete blood count
4. Stool for occult blood
5. CT and MRi scan if Necessary
Before all investigations, You need proper physical examination by a doctor to find any enlargement of intra abdominal organs.

Please check your Blood pressure. As most of the patints with Renal disease have increased blood pressure.

Consult your Family physician as earlier as possible.

Hope this helps.
Take care.

Answered: Sat, 27 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor