Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Lower back pain after bending. Taking Nurofen, Endone and Valium. History of surgery

Hi 5days ago I bent down to pick something up, as I was getting up I screamed cause of a severely sharp pain in my lower back...cried for hours until I went hospital...they then gave me 2 nurofen tablets, 2 endone tablets, 2 valiums also a shot of muscle relaxer? Then got told 2 get up and pain was so severe I could still through all.the meds I took...I told them my pain was 10/10 when asked to rate it...told them where it hurt, also told them that i had this extremely sore pain in my right thigh...ft like a tingly, numb BURNING sensation...anyways..cos i don t like ppl seeing mey, I walked out and went home...cried though out the night taking edone and penadene fort...pain in my back eased a little but the pain in my thigh has gotten worse more-so it has spread thoughout both legs...only part legs that don t hurt are my feet ...tried to tell them that I also have what seems 2 feel like knife in my right back rib cage...went 2 see my GP today and got sent 2 take a x-ray my pain is back, severe pain in my whole body, going to the bathroom a lot...pain is soooooo bad I don t want to take anymore pain killers as.I just fall off to sleep for just an hour and wake up screaming....also I forgot to mention I had surgey 3days prior to my episode. So it was surgery on the 2nd August and back injury on the 5th of August it the 9th of August...plz help...I m so tired and so scared of this pain....
Asked On : Sun, 12 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  158
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
the remedy for now, till you're x rayed, is bsolute bed rest, and pain relievers.had you been taken in in ER, nursing care could be more helpful, but whatever system permits, you have to bank on your GP till then.since have so severe pain,your GP may give injectibles for longer pain relief
Answered: Thu, 7 Aug 2014
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor