Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

Lower back pain. Why does chest also hurt? What can cure problem?

sir i am a govt.employee and i have to sit at a strecth in office.2 years ago i had a little pain in my back and lower spine.a small accident also taken place one year ago with me.after that i have acute pain in my lower spine and left chest .i have been taking treatment for a long time.but nothing cured of my i m hardly able to move or stand.i want ur advise.plz help me.
Fri, 25 Oct 2013
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Cardiologist 's  Response
Dear patient,

Given the history of trauma and worsening, incapacitating symptoms, a serious cause of the pain, such as a fracture, nerve compression, disk bulging, etc has to be ruled out as you have failed conservative managament. The best way to assess these by imaging would be through an MRI, and I would encourage you to see a specialist in the subject, namely an orthopedist or neurosurgeon with back specialty for further work up.

Yours truly,

Dr Brenes-Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor