Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Lower back injury, pain, swelling, tenderness, bone protrusion. X-ray required?

I was bucked off a horse about a two weeks ago. I landed on my lower back. In the first few days I was in a lot of pain, now the pain has sort of subsided. However, It is still swollen and tender. I tried stretches to stretch it out and that was really painful. It feels as if one of the bones on my left lower back is protruding more than the other. Should I consider getting an x-ray to see what is going on?
Asked On : Tue, 11 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  65
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
From your description it seems that you have injured your back vertebrae. You need to have an MRI scan of your back to know the extent of damage and then the treatment can be planned.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Wed, 12 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor