Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

Lower abdominal pain, unable to pass urine. Using catheter. Ultrasound shows grade two prostatic hydrotrophy. Cure?

My father, age 76yrs. felt the pain in the low abdomen as he was unable to pass the urine in the whole night. The urine flow blockage was solved by applying Catheter and underwent Ultra sound scan which gave the impression as GRADE 2 PROSTATIC HYDROTROPHY. I need a help. what to do & medcation is enough to cure it? Awaiting your reply, please.
Asked On : Sun, 20 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  38
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
As your father is 76 yrs old,he has to be excluded from Prostate Cancer.Please get Prostate Specific Antigen(PSA) test done with the advice of your Urologist.
Based on the PSA report,treatment can be decided.
There is Medical treatment for Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy(BPH).It will be tried initially in most patients.
If there is no response from medical treatment,Surgery will be planned.
Consult your Urologist and take his opinion.
All the best
Answered: Sun, 20 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor