Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Lower abdomial swelling or pain months after c-section infection

I am 30 yrs old and had my only c-section this past September. I had two children naturally before. I had an infection after the surgery that lasted close to a month (internal I m guessing because there was nothing ever leaking). I had an odd pain on the left lower abdominal close or right at the incision site as well as swelling. Now I still have that only its gotten worse. My stomach is bigger for some of the day and smaller at other times. I went to see a general surgeon because two doctors thought it might be an incisional hernia . The sugeon told me he didnt feel a hernia and said he wanted to do a catscan. In the same area where the pain is, you can literally see my stomach hang low only on that side- lop-sided. I ve been very nervous about this. I ve had a huge lump that even my primary md found strange. She also noticed my stomach very puffy and standing straight out as if I was 6months pregnant. One day I can look like I m maybe a few months pregnant and others 6 or 7months. Are there any organs in the left lower stomach that can cause these type of symptoms? An ultrasound showed something about chronic gallbladder thing, what the md said was like a bunch of vessels in a ball in the liver, and fibroids I believe or cysts . They also mentioned at least two times that I am on birthcontrol. Any input would really help. Thanks = )
Asked On : Fri, 18 Mar 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  1079
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
  User's Response
hi, there i have the same problem as you and still don't have answer, wish u inform me if you know what's going on, and hope you become better now.
thanks in advance.
Answered: Fri, 22 Apr 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Jitender Chauhan's  Response
hello,welcome to HCM. Your condition is quite complicated. I would suggest that your doctor should take an FNAC of the tumor that you are having in your abdomen. You should also get your liver function tested. Change in abdominal girth could also indicate prescence of fluid due to hypoalbuminemia or serous fluid production from an infective abscess. Wish you good health.
Answered: Wed, 31 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
The pain could be due to skin scar tenderness as due to larger abdomen there may be stretch of the skin and pain. The liver has a collection of vessels called Hemangioma in your case which if big enough may need to be removed surgically. Get your liver function tests to find any effect of this hemangioma on the liver. Also remember contraceptive puts you at risk of clot formation in legs which can move to heart as well. Any leg pain, breathlessness needs medical attention. You need to lose weight if you are overweight. Avoid fried, fatty, junk, oily food. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. Drink plenty of water. Get your thyroid levels checked if you have recently put on weight and having dry rough skin, feeling drowsy through the day and dislike for cold weather. This can also make you gain weight. Do you have any back pain. Do abdominal exercises as advised by your Doctor to make abdominal muscles strong and can prevent hernia. Avoid lifting heavy weights.
Answered: Tue, 23 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor