Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Lower Back Pain with Goose bumps

My wife (39) has been having lower back pain that travel down to her tale bone and legs at times for more then a month. Better in morning, worse as day progresses. No know event to have triggered this. Doctor (for two weeks now) treated it as a torn muscle compressing the sciatic nerve (with celebrex). Now doctor has x-rayed the back and is still treating it as a torn muscle. Today she has been getting goosebumps down her right side from hip to knee whenever she is walking around. Question is does this (goosebumps) change anything or is likely unrelated? We are concerned that doctor may not be on right track.
Asked On : Sun, 1 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  1213
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
welcome to health care magic
u need to have mri
kinly consult some neurosurgeon
Answered: Sun, 1 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Fatima Farhana's  Response
welcome to healthcare magic,
most likely she is suffering from sciatica due to slipped lumber disc or narrowed spinal canal.For pain you may try, painkiller such as indomet or ibuprofen,gabapentin or pregabalin for a few weeks.If it does not relieve her consult a neurosurgeon and have a MRI of dorsolumber region.It will reveal the site and nature of lesion and direct anticipated management.
For self care avoid bending,weight bearing and strenous exertion.Do the daily activities within limit of pain.
Answered: Sun, 1 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor