Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Low sperm count and motility, no improvement with medicines, got varied advises of donor sperm as well as heyforte plus. Effective remedy?

Sir, I Mrs Rakhi Sanjay Sharma,am 40 Year old Lady & my Husband is also of the same age.For the last 4 years, we are married and I have not succeeded in getting pregnant. My husband has very poor sperm count & sperm motility rate is said to be very poor. I too had problem of fibrous growth in my vagina . The fibrous growth was however removed by operation in last year by Dr. Naina Patel of Anand Gujarat. My Gyna Specialist Mrs. Naina Patel of Anand in Gujarat ,had administered lot of drugs to my husband for 3 months but there was no change in results.My Husband was administered with certain drugs to improve upon his sperm count & motility rate . On finding no change, I was asked to go for IUI .or IVF . During last month meeting,I was told that I can t have issue from my husband sperm and was advised to go for Donor sperm.Some of the Doctor has advised my husband to take medicine of Heyforte Plus to improve upon sperm count and motility of sperm. We both are running out of time very fast for in reproducing age. We seek your advise please . My Name is Rakhi Sanjay Sharma. our em address are YYYY@YYYY , YYYY@YYYY YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Wed, 26 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  987
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello sattu,

Welcome to the forum. Due to changed lifestyle stress, tensions and pollution there are many couples suffering from the same problem. Do not lose heart. Every individual is made for a different purpose. We treat it is only God who heals and gives. If you want your husband can take the medicine to increase sperm count. Since he already had been under treatment just give him a month gap. Let him get stress free and relax.

There are many other reasons for low sperm count like excessive smoking or alcohol intake in the past, some nutritional deficiencies, stress, accidents, obesity, genetic cause, etc. You will be amazed to know that some couples who are clinically fine are also at times not able to conceive. It is all in the hands of God.

Some men feel very week, some complain of dizziness, some get hypertensive yet others irritant as they start taking the medicines to increase the sperm count. A husband should be given high protein diet, energy giving food like legumes, beans, eggs, red meat, dairy products, nuts, fruits, veggies, berries so that the medicine works well and brings the desired results. The medicine may take 4-6 months to show results. It is better to maintain abstinence while the husband is under treatment.

To be able to conceive the spermatozoa should be atleast 20 million/ml, 75% should be alive, atleat 50% active, 30% normal. There is no harm in trying donor systems as confidentiality is maintained and results are positive. Acceptance and mental preparation depends upon both the husband and wife else it may ruin life. You can try visiting Holy places, Nagapatnam and many other places if you are a believer. Have a nice day, take care.
Answered: Wed, 26 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor