Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Low sperm count, FSH 5.4, ivf unsuccessful. Medicine?

Hi am 34 years old . But I have no problems which was confirm the pathological test. My sperm count is 1millon/ ml. I took some indian medicine but not improve . My FSH 5.4. I done two times IVF IN bangladesh but not success. It is possible to increase my sperm count , what type of medicine i will continue . I got frastation . plz suggest me.
Asked On : Thu, 24 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  94
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Shihab,
Infertility is a very troublesome problem and i understand your frustration regarding the counts not improving despite taking all medications.
I believe there is some other factor interfering with normal production of sperms in your reproductive system this can be something as simple as waering very tight underwear to stress to radiation exposure at work, exposure to harmful chemicals,fumes at work or otherwise, smoking, alcoholism, diabetes some surgical conditions like varicocele and so on.
The treament essentially depends on what is causing the decreasing sperm count
If you havent been evaluated for all these i recommend you do so in consultation with any general physician at your place.
Dont lose hope.
Good luck.
Regards-Dr. Thomas
Answered: Thu, 24 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor