Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Low hemoglobin levels. Taking medication for raised sugar levels. How to maintain hemoglobin levels?

hi,this is age is 58 Hb level is quite low n m i was diagnosed with raised sugar level a year back which is now very much controlled by medicines,exercises n diet precautions...but nw i need to increase or maintain my Hb level.. so plz suggest me a diabetic diet which can also increase the very Hb level...m a pure vegetarian... thanking you!!!
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  75
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Although anemia is uncommon in men but it can still occur and since it has many causes,it should be probed properly.
There are broadly three types  of anemia like 
1... Anemia due to blood loss like hemorrhoids,ulcers,gastritis,Cancers and use of pain killers 
2... Anemia due to faulty red cell production like Iron deficiency or VIT B 12 deficiency,stem cell or bone marrow fault like aplastic anemia or due to chronic kidney condition,cancer,hypothyroidism,rheumatoid arthritis etc.
3... Anemia due to red cell destruction like haemolytic anemias.

There is no problem in advising various iron supplements or diets like green leafy vegetables,fruits like apple,guava a,banana etc,dry fruits like almond and walnuts but the fact is you should consult a doctor and get to the cause of your anemia,since such a low anemia is rare in men.
Answered: Sat, 9 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor