Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Low HB, negative biopsy results for uterine fibroid, menses done. History of blood infusion. Next step?

Hi Doctor I am 45 years old woman and I had 3 bottles of blood on 3.1.2013 and hemoglobin gone upto 9.6 from 5.3 g but after 2 weeks now it is 6.4. I have done biopsy for uterus fibroid of size 5.8 cm but nothing negative. When mensuration blood was going while urinating for 3 days. Please advice what should I do immediately.
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  28
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Hello ,
Thanks for the query,

You are Severely anemic.

Causes of menorrhagia vary widely between women, but some problems commonly at the root of unusually heavy bleeding include fibroids, low progesterone relative to estrogen (both common in perimenopause), PCOS, or other hormonal imbalance.

In your case Uterine fibroids is the cause of heavy bleeding.
Get TVS done and MRI for myoma mapping.
You need to get your fibroids removed either by myomectomy or hysterectomy.

Hope this helps,
Dr Nilofer
Answered: Wed, 23 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Akhilesh Dubey's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
You are having blood loss due to fibroid in uterus and this blood loss causes anemia due to Iron deficiency.
At your age there are hormone changes of perimenopausal type and fibroids make irreular bleeding called DUB.
If you are having bleeding please visit your Gynecologist and confirm source and cause of bleeding becaise in such case they will give you hormone prepration and once bleeding is controlled and your anemia is treated with blood transfusion and iron and vitamin supplements.
Various surgical option may be discissed with doctor and you can be cured.
including sugery hysterectomy.
Please take care of your health
Good Luck.
Answered: Wed, 23 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Critical Care Specialist Dr. Sadiq Mughal's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
There is no immediate management for your problem.Probably your suffering from what is called as dysfunctional uterine bleeding.Consult a gynaecologist,who may be able to manage your bleeding by drugs.If drug therapy fails,then surgical way of treatment is the only choice.
Surgical treatment is Hystrectomy( removal of uterus) because your bleeding problems drop your HB to dangerious level.
Hope this answer your question.
Answered: Wed, 23 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor