Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Lost hearing after ear injury. Ear makes sound when there is loud noise. TMJ?

i was recently in an accident with a fire arm .22 caliber shell blew up in my ears that was 2 months ago my left ear is completely normal but i lost a small bit of hearing in my right and now when there is loud noise around my right ear makes some sort of noise kind of like a broken stereo what does that mean i have TMJ if that means anything
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  37
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response

Thanks for asking the query,

As you have met with an accident there could be a chance of TMJ fracture, dislocation, to rule out this you need to visit the Oral Surgeon and get the checkup done, take an OPG radiogarph to confirm the diagnosis.
Other symptoms associated can be pain around ears, tenderness in the jaws, difficulty in mouth opening nad pain on chewing.
For treatment inflammatory medications, heat therapy, rest and in some cases bite splint can be given.
Also consult to an ENT Surgeon and get the checkup done.

Hope this helps out.

Answered: Fri, 10 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Bindiya Bhaskar's  Response
Hi Gman,
Thanks for posting your query.
As you had undergone accident,Tmj has to be examined and dislocation/fracture/tenderness if associated has to be ruled out.
An OPG radiograph will help to find out any anomaly underlying.
Avoid mouth opening too widely.
Jaws has to be immobilized if required.
Please do visit an oral-maxillofacial surgeon as well as ENT specialist for further treatment plan.
Meanwhile maintain oral hygiene well.
Avoid exposure to heavy sounds.
Take care.
Answered: Thu, 9 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor