Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Loss of pigment in face, around eyes, forehead. Treatment?

Hi...I ve become a little concerned with how some parts of my face seem to be losing pigment, or other parts have become darker possibly. It is primarily around my eyes and my forehead . I have no moles , or anything else, and have been spending an inordinate amount of time indoors lately as a result of school, so I m no longer outside in the sun like I used to be for most of my life up until about two years ago.
Asked On : Sun, 15 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  117
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi ,
Thanks for writing in.
The problem can be vitiligo ,IGH,polymorhic light eruption etc.

Without actual visualisation of the skin it is not possible to comment on nature of pigmentation.

Sun protection is most important for any cosmetic treatment.
Use good quality sunscreen.
Avoid sun exposure.
Use brevoxyl face wash.
Apply Kojivit cream at night over dark spots.
Take lot of vitamin C in diet.
Visit a dermatologist for proper examination and diagnosis who can also provide you some clinic based procedure like surgery and laser.

Visit a dermatologist for some clinic based procedure like chemical peeling and laser.

Hope this helps.
Answered: Tue, 25 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor