Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Loss of interest in sex post child birth, anger, irritation. Cure?

hi i am XXXXX. after delivery my wife completely lost sex interest. when i will start this topic she getting psychic angry and irritation. now my baby age is 3.5. i am too much interest in sex and second baby also. because of this reason i am getting mental disturbance and wrong thoughts. so, requesting you to please give solution. if you give appointment we will met directly.
Asked On : Wed, 21 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello there and welcome.

Thank you for your query.

Most women start worrying about their bodies and much before their delivery, and feel less attractive and are even ashamed of their bodies.

This is because some find it difficult to return to their pre-pregnant shape, and think that any sexual contact with their spouse would lead to embaressment.

A husband has many responsibilities once his child is born and it can be quite stressful, but he should always remember that his wife has been through a lot and deserves a lot of TLC (tender love and care).

Support her, not only mentally but even by helping around the house and with the baby. You need to help her with mild exercises, spoil her by sending her to spas, or fitness centers.

You need to express yourself more often, without expecting anything in return (at least initially). You need to make her feel and think that she is attractive. And despite a few changes in her body you still find her to be the best and most attractive woman you have laid your eyes on.

You should be understanding enough not to force or compel her into any act she is not confident or comfortable with.

She is also a human being and will have many urges and needs, sexually. You need to boost her self esteem and confidence. Compliment her, treat her well, and always, always be supportive and understanding.

I am sure this will help. You can always write back to us for further clarifications.

If this doesn't help, you could have a group session with a psycho-therapist or a sexologist, and reach a solution, which is possible only after understanding your wife and the way she feels.

Wishing you and your wife a happy married life.
Answered: Thu, 22 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor