Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Loss of appetite, taking Liv52 syrup

HI, My 2 yr old daughter doesnt have apetite at all; one of my friend who is a peadeatrician has suggested Liv52 syrup; i have been giving her past 6 months; whenever she is under Liv52 consumption her apetite is good;she eats whatever is feeded; but when i try to stop it she stops eating; she is perfectly ok of not eating for days together; please suggest if this is ok to be given? Thanks
Asked On : Thu, 29 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  1173
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi there,

It is ok to give her Liv 52 . But personally, I feel it best not to have appetite improving medicines even though it is herbal. Parents are sometimes really concerned about the children's food habits, but if you look at it, sometimes a child might be eating what is required or enough for her. But, as a parent we feel that is not enough.You could give her pediasure twice a day. Bananas, mashed potatoes etc, food that she likes to have. Make meal times interesting for her. Don't show her that you are frustrated about her eating habits. That might increase her aversion towards food. Encourage by appreciating her when she has a meal ,even if it is a small quantity. Also check her height and weight . If it falls within the normal range, don't worry. That means she is gaining weight adequately.Hope this helps :)
Answered: Thu, 29 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor