Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Losing right eye sight. Done CAT scan. What is the recommended treatment?

Hi, I have been losing the ability to see with my right eye since December almost 2 1/2 yrs. ago. I went to a specialist sergeon my parents had remove cateracts for them and he said after a quick visit 2 months apart. I think you might have a brain tumor somewhere between here and here. I just don t know if it is on your brain or in your brain and I will need an MRI costing about $3,500. in order to know more. When you can find a way to get that then come back. I have had no insurance and decided then that I would probably just die. He pointed to the top of my ear and the base of my scull on the right side. He told me my right eye was palsied. I was able to see pretty well but things on the right of my nose were doubled. It has stayed the same for periods of time and then after that period of maybe 4 or 5 months it seems to take a notable turn worse. Meaning I was less able to move my right eye. I have a really hard time now, since it noticable got worse after seeming the same for a while. My depth perception is not good any more. I am distressed. Still don t have insurance. No I didn t think just letting it go and it would heal itself. I have been refused Oregon health insurance. I went to the emergency room and told them what the doctor said and they gave me a cat scan for my neck and said they didn t see anything, go see a neurosurgeon . My research online led me to possible 6th nerve palsy due to tumor usually found to be benign having to do with the pituitary gland and something about thyroid. Anyone know how I can get to the right doctor for the surgery I am sure it will take when I have earned income of 800.00 mo. not from ssecurity, am a full time student at a University. I wil be 60 yrs. old in June. Thanks, I hope...
Asked On : Tue, 1 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  44
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
As you are advised, you should consult a neurosurgeon. The possibility of some kind of mass lesion is to be ruled out in your brain.Mri will be a necessary investigation but do it after consulting a neurosurgeon.
Answered: Sun, 25 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor