Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Lose temper easily, cannot control my child, feel like screaming loudly and throwing things. How can I overcome this?

Hello Dr. I am 33yrs old married women. From last 1 yr i am having some strange problem. I get angry with each little things and just get out of my control. I break whatever i get near to me. Most of my household items broken by me and now even i can t control myself for my 2.5 yrs old baby too. i just feel to beat him and sometimes even i do wen get angry. I know that it will hurt but i just cant help myself. I feel like screams out loudly or do some thing like throwing things or like wise. Before 6mths, i got calm don after some minutes but no a days even the day passed i m really unable to calm don.
Asked On : Mon, 1 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  21
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Psychiatrist 's  Response
hi, probably you are suffering from 'intermittent explosive disorder'. it is an impulse control disorder in which one loses control of aggressive impulses resulting in physical assault or destruction of property. The aggression is usually after mild stress, and aggressive episode usually followed by regret. It usually starts in early adulthood and decreases with middle age. Although it is very difficult to control this aggression, you should do following- 1. keep in mind that this a disorder and you have to control it, so leave the place or person at that moment, for about half an hour; or indulge yourself in some religious faith if you have,. 2. consult a psychiatrist nearest to you, as it is treated by counselling and medicines. Medicines are usually mood stabilizers like lithium, carbamazine, valproate. . donot use any seative medicine yourself. 4. if you are a substance abuser, like alcoholic, try to get rid of it.
Best wishes for you
Answered: Thu, 4 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor