Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Loose stools, refusal to take ORS, stopped solid food, eats fruits and vegetables, breast fed

Hello doctor, My daughter is 7 1/2 months now. She is passing loose stools from about a week for 5 to 6 times a day. We visited doctor. My daughter is reluctant to take ORS , even flavored ones. She also cries a lot to take the suspension/ syrup suggested. I tried diluting & adding some sugar to the medicine. She has stopped taking solid food like ceralac, ragi also. However she still likes to eat fruits & vegetables & is taking breast milk . Please suggest how we can give her ORS & other medicines in a smoother way.
Asked On : Sat, 7 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  37
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
  User's Response
hi welcome,
you please as early as possible stop cerelac like food and go for breast milk ,fruits .
which will help your child.
passing loose stool at this age will be due to the development of teeth only, no need to give any medicine,simple warm water with a pinch of sugar and salt is enough
thanking you
Answered: Sat, 7 Apr 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor