Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Loose stools, food poisoning, vomiting episodes. Unable to find ondem, diof-ds medication. Substitute medication?

hi, my daughter 7 years old is down with loose motions and vomitting, probably food poisoining since we are on a holiday currently in. we tried for ondem in the drug stores here for her vomitting, but they donot have that medicine. also, DIOF DS and FLORA BC both are not available. can you pls recommned a substitute. thanks so much
Asked On : Fri, 23 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  188
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Pediatrician, Neonatology 's  Response
Ondem is ondensetron.
You can look for alternatives like emeset or other brands.
For the other medicines look for alternate brands with the same composition and content in milligrams per ml dose.
Try to get oral electrolytes like electral or electrobion,mix as specified in clean water and give her.

Answered: Fri, 23 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor