Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Loose scab lifting up, deep scar underneath on the stitches on the forehead. What should be done?

Hi there my child had 3 stitches on her forehead and after 10 days a loose scab lifted up and there is a deep scar under it. Should I keep the loose scab on with a bandaid or is the divet in her forehead there for good and the scab might as well be let fall off? :( I have kept applying polysporin for the last week. Thank u
Asked On : Fri, 30 Nov 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  123
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thank you for your query.

Oozed blood forms a scab over the stitched area. The scab can be allowed to fall but ensure that the stitches are in place and the wound has not gaped. In case you observe the wound line to be gaping then proper dressing of the wound shall be required.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your daughter an early recovery.


Rajiv K Khandelwal
Answered: Thu, 22 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor