Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Looking for the medicine which does not contain hydrocodone

Is there a pain pill that a doctor can sunscribe that does not contain hydrcodone
Asked On : Sun, 11 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  20
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic,

Hydrocodone is narcotic analgesic and there are many formulation available without hydrocodone but it depends on pain and requirement of patient that analgesic can be given.

There are NSAID with aspirin, Diclofenac,Ibuprofen and other like tramadol etc.
I would suggest you to visit your physician and depending on your pain requirement drug can be prescribed .

If you take hydrocodone for long term there is possibility of addiction to such drugs.

There are specialist for pain management specially if it is incurable condition like cancer.

Hope this information helps you .

Take care.
Good Luck.
Dr.Akhilesh Dubey M.D.
Answered: Wed, 30 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor