Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Looking for birth control pill

Hi i have a question. My friend is 14 and is in a seriouse relationship, she is thinking about having sex with her boyfriend which is also 14. She would like to know , is there anyway to get birthcontrol pills without a perscription and with out your parent knowing? , if so what is the pill called and where can it be purchased?
Asked On : Sat, 11 Feb 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  77
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases 's  Response

Welcome to Healthcare Magic forum.
Birth control pills are prescription only pills and should be advised by your doctor.

Please do not encourage your friend to take such a step at such a tender age.It is not only illegal but can also have drastic consequences on her body and mind.

No matter how serious a relationship sex before 16 even with consent could be legally a sexual assault.

It exposes the girl not only to the risk of pregnancy but also genito urinary infections or sexually transmitted diseases.

Birth control pills are not 100 % protection and they offer no protection against infections.Morever they can cause hormonal disturbances in such young age.

Barrier contraceptives like condom are more protective for infections but their efectiveness depends on the mode of use .

.so though birth control pills may be available through internet please do not engage in such risky behaviour.

All the best.


Answered: Sat, 11 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor