Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Looking for a psychiatrist / psychopharmacogist in the NYC area

Hi, I m looking for a psychiatrist/psychopharmacogist in the nyc area for my mother. She is 82 and lives in Westchester. She has already consulted a local neurologist , who said after two tests she does not have alzheimers. He did say that her memory problems are in his opinion largely due to anxiety . She does not want to admit to having an anxiety or stress problem. I would need to meet with the doctor first to explain her situation
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013
Thank you for posting your query.
You may discuss in detail regarding any issues that could cause anxiety, whether related to family or friends, health issues or financial issues? Sometimes, she would volunteer about the information, if taken into confidence.
Regarding the psychiatrist, you can check with your local GP or look up on the website.
Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website:
My email:
My blog:

Answered: Fri, 12 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor