Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Longer than normal period with strange cramping of a 30 years old women

I am 30 years old and not on birth control . my periods have been normal up until this month, this one has lasted at least 12 days and I m having some strange cramping. I have a doctor s appt set for Feb 9th but I m wondering if i need to go to the er and what it could be.
Asked On : Wed, 26 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  139
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
There are several reasons for this.First you need to do a pregnancy test and rule out the possibility of a miscarriage.If its negative then do a ultrasound to look for pathology like endometrial hyperplasia or fibroid.If thats normal then some blood tests need to be done.
Answered: Thu, 27 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor