Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Long term hiatus hernia, avoid eating fruits, several foods, on different medicines. Is it curable with surgery?

i have hatis hernia which i have had for 25 years i cannot eat friut or veg and so many other foods i am have been given many different stomach pills and also a great deal of gaviscon i also buy antiacid tablets all the time nothing helps me very much at all .is it possible to have a opperation to help as i suffer constantly from so much severe discomfort .janey tait.
Asked On : Tue, 26 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Yes, hiatus hernia surgery will help reduce most of your symptoms.

However there are few complications associated with the surgery, hence discuss with your surgeon about the procedures.

Meanwhile continue to take your antacid medications, follow prescribed diet, after food walk for a little bit before lying down.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help
Wish you good health,

Dr. Narasimha G L
Answered: Wed, 21 May 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor