Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Long bout of delayed emptying, gallbladder removed. Diarrhea after eating food. How to cure?

my daughter is 16 and had her gallbladder removed May 2012 after a long bout of delayed gastric emptying; gallbladder removal helped. Of course when she eats, she is immediately in the bathroom with diarrhea . Other than diet change, is there anything else she can do? Recently, she has had a few episodes of the delayed emptying again, but not anything like this time last year.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  32
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Gastroenterologist, Surgical 's  Response
I do not see any indication to remove a normal gall bladder of a16 year old girl. Gall baldder is removed only if it contains stones which are causing symptoms not otherwise. As result of removal she has developed what is called postcholecystectomy diarrhoea. The treatment for which is small multiple feeds with very less fat content till it settles accompanied by cholystyramine therapy till the synptoms disappear.
Answered: Sat, 9 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor