1. ALT (alanine aminotransferase) which was previously called as SGPT (Serum Glutamic Pyruvic Transaminase) is much more specific in hepato cellular disorders than AST and indicate damage or injury to liver.
2. ALT is exclusively found in the cytosol and is found elevated in hepatic necrosis due to any aetiology like viral hepatitis,toxin or drug induced hepatic injury)
3. ALT values are compared with other tests such as bilirubin value,Alkaline phosphatase to determine which type of liver disease is present, please tell about the reports (if an)??
4. Lifestyle changes is/are required: avoid any addiction,drink plenty of water and fresh juices along with fresh green vegetables and fruits.
5. brisk walk regularly helps in reducing the count.