Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Liver disease, had bulimia and anorexia. Diet normal overeating and spicy food causes stomach pain. Possible remedies?

I am a 27 year old female, who suffered 10 years with bulimia and anorexia . Vastly more bulimia, however I have been recovered with no relapses for just slightly over a year now. I have completely altered my lifestyle and very rarely drink (once a month if that) and rarely red meat but rather enjoy a diet almost strictly fish, chicken, fruits and vegetables. I try and exercise twice a week but had not done any testing since my recovery. Recent blood tests showed I had an elevated hdl (69.8) and LDL (129). What really terrified me was my SGOT (126) and SGPT (152). I suffer from stomach pain when I over eat and if the food is too rich, and now fear I may have permanent liver damage due to my past self destructive lifestyle. I am certainly guilty of not drinking enough water and enjoy sweet n low in tea and too many diet sodas which I am currently trying to eliminate from my diet. Are there any other things I can do to help lower these scores, and am I correct in my thinking that these are all signs of liver disease?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  111
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
take vitamin e with levocarnitine daily :)
Answered: Fri, 15 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor