Liver cirrhosis, advised liver transplant. Can it be cured with medicine?

iam suffering from liver cirrhosis . i had a gall bladder stone 12yrs back, but the operation was unsuccessful, since then iam suffering from stomach ailment. recently ihad a acute stomach pain , i was immediately hospitilised, my blood billurubin is 7.2 and platlates counts was 7000. after remaining in hospital for 10days i came home. the doctor said iam having liver cirrhosis. my tummy is bulging day by day. even i found bleeding from nose . iam taking prescribed medicine kenadion. but the doctors have given their word for liver transplant. i cant afford, rather by medicine if it can be cured then pls pls help. at present my platlets count is 0000. because of transfusion of platlets in the hospital.
Thu, 17 Jan 2013
Very sorry to learn about your condition.
Cirrhosis is scarring of the liver and poor liver function. It is the final phase of chronic liver disease.
Cirrhosis is the end result of chronic liver damage caused by chronic liver diseases. 
There can be various causes for this including alcohol abuse and various types of hepatitis and other causes.

Cirrhosis is caused by irreversible scarring of the liver. Once cirrhosis develops, it is not possible to heal the liver or return its function to normal. It is a serious condition that can lead to many complications.

When cirrhosis progresses to end-stage liver disease, patients may be candidates for a liver transplant.
Since you have already been advised for liver transplant,it means it is a end stage liver disease and nothing can be done about it except going for liver transplant.
There is no medicine belonging to any stream of medicine which can help at this stage.
You should not waist time in looking for any medicine,rather you should try to get the liver transplant done as early as possible.
Thanks
Gastroenterologist Dr. Charles S Narasi's  Response
Hello, pkban1973,
From the description of your condition and the lab findings, it does look
like you have rather advanced liver disease. The fact that your stomach
is bulging, indicates that you have "Ascites " or build up of fluid in the belly.
I am sure you have been put on water pills or diuretics and you still have
fluid. Your platelet count is very low and that is the reason for nose bleeds.
Your Bilirubin level is not extremely high at this point but could go higher.
What you have now is called "Portal Hypertension" from advanced cirrhosis.
I am not sure what the primary cause of your cirrhosis. In the western
world, alcohol is number one. In Asia, it is mainly from Hepatitis B or C virus.
There is also Primary Biliary Cirrhosis which is an auto-immune disorder.
If you had gallstone problem 12 years ago, I am not sure that is the cause
for cirrhosis. I am sure that your doctors have explained that to you.
If you have been on diuretics, Beta-Blockers to prevent bleeding from the
enlrged veins in the esophagus, and you are on a protein restricted diet and
still not improving , then liver transplantation is definitive treatment.
It is possible that with strict adherence to the regimen , you can wait, but
the very low platelet count may require you to get platelet transfusions very
frequently which is very expensive by itself.
You have to consider all the options and may be with the help of family and
friends , you can undergo surgery.
I am sure you have had kidney tests and electrolytes being monitored closely.
I wish you the very best.