Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Liquid yellow lose motion in a child. Does she have low digestive power?

My baby is 22 month old gorl. she is suffering from liquid yellow loose motion and vomitting. she could not digest anything she consume. everythinh come out by vommitting or loose motion. we had consulted several doctors some of whom where child specialist.they had suggested stool report which they said is normal. one doctor said she had no digesting power for which he suggested one syrup which also we had given. but problem is increased could you guide me what is problem exactly.
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  64
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Thanks for your query.
Your child is having gastroenteritis which is mostly viral in nature and takes some time to settle.
Most important is to maintain proper hydration,
Give hem oral rehydration solution sip by sip after each loose stool.give coconut water,lemonade,curd,rice porridge,banana,boiled potato.
Add lactobacillus for 2 to 3 days and zinc for 14 days.
In case symptoms persist get her reevaluated by pediatrician as she mey need stool test.

Wishing your baby good health.
God bless.
Answered: Mon, 4 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Pediatrician Dr. E Venkata Ramana's  Response
Feb 2013
Thank you for your query,
Your child is having Gastroenteritis and may be due to a virus.
There will be no problem with your child digestive system.
In gastroenteritis due to infection the loose motions and vomitings will occur.
The mainstay of treatment is to maintain the hydration by giving oral rehydrating solutions like ORS, lemon water, dal water and coconut water.
Probiotic and zinc supplementation is required.
Some times in bacterial gastroenteritis antibiotic ocurse may be required to control the infection.
So consult a good Pediatrician near by you and get the proper medican advise.
Hope i have answered your query.
Answered: Sat, 2 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor