Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Lipid tests show elevation in triglycerides, maintaining diet restrictions, smoking and alcohol abstinence. Suggestions?

This Vijay Kumar Age-33 Male Height-172.5 Weight-94 Kgs Actually i did total body check up all the report are normal expect Lipid test I have Triglycerides level 364 I used smoke Twice a daily before check up present i stopped smoking for the past 2 months and also mutton one week too stopped having one in a month Walking 5/4 days a week for 2 KMS I have 2 Chapati in lunch with smaller qty of rice and same in the dinner. Alcohol 120ML Once in week that too with Water only. no Soda or any other drinks are mixed.
Asked On : Mon, 7 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  33
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Alcohol must be stopped completely
Weight must be reduced drastically
Unlike cholesterol, for triglyceride, Carbohydrates must be cut severely...
See a Dietician / Enrol in a gym
Check after 6 to 8 weeks

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Sun, 14 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor