Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Lip injury, extra piece of skin hanging on upper lip. Procedure to remove extra skin?

Hello, when i was younger i fell face first on asphalt and busted my lip open. It was pretty bad but my doctor told me stitches were unnecessary and to just let it heal on its own. It healed after a few months but as a result the is an extra piece of skin hanging off the right sight of my upper lip . It is not very noticeable but i cant help but to feel a little insecure about it. I can notice it in pictures and every now and then someone will ask me about it. I was wondering what can be done about this and what the price range of such a procedure is. Thanks Alot
Asked On : Mon, 1 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  340
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi Dear thanks for question,you have post traumatic extra skin drooping from your upper lip and now your feeling low.relax there is nothing to worry,consult some plastic surgeon,or even ENT surgeon,he will remove it and will restore beauty of your lip.I hope i answered you question
Answered: Mon, 1 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor