Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Line on penis and scrotom split gradually, continuing. How can i get it fixed?

the line on my penis and scrotom which i believe is called the perineal raphe or median raphe has split gradually and has heal all the way to my scrotom and a little further down and it seems to continue to split.The area in the middle of the split area is like a scar like a red patch and i can see the raphe skin on the sides sticking out.Its very wierd looking and was wondering what the cause is and if theres anyway to fix it.
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  123
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand your concerns. However, it is very unusual to have this condition of the skin splitting only in the region of the median raphe. I also believe that you might need to consult a dermatologist to see if this a condition that needs to be treated with a specialist. In the meantime it would help to keep the area clean and dry and let it heal. Taking vitamins especially vit. C is helpful in the healing process. I hope this helps.

Take care and have a lovely day!
Answered: Thu, 13 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor