Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Light pinkish discharge on having intercourse. Taking Folic acid supplement. Should I be worried?

dear doctor, i am 27 years old married female. i have slight pinkish discharge on having intercourse with a sweet smell. my menstruation is due on the 10th. i am not on any pills or any other kind of protection as i m trying to conceive. but from past three months i am on folic acid supplements (globac-Z). i dont have any other significant medical history. should the pinkish discharge concern me.
Asked On : Thu, 5 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Madhu,

You should not be concerned about the discharge unless it is too heavy or it is causing difficulties in daily routine.

However, it is advisable to get a routine per speculum examination done by a Gynecologist to rule out infections.

Continue to take folic acid supplements.

I wish you good luck.

Answered: Thu, 5 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor