Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Light pink spot on right cheek, swollen, warm salt water, chloraseptic mouth wash, corsodyl mouth wash. Please suggest treatment?

I had a light pink spot on my right cheek near the two back tooth at the top,it has been swollen for about 7 weeks now doc told me to use warm salt water it didn t work now it hurts bad went back to doc they prescribed chloraseptic mouth wash no pharmacy had it but they gave me corsodyl mouth wash using it now but no result yet jus give me tooth ache since I start using it can somebody tell me water wrong
Asked On : Mon, 2 Apr 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  299
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Dentist 's  Response
As u said a pink spot on your right cheek . Is the cheek is swollen or the pink spot is swollen ? If the cheek is swollen it would be the upper third molar which is hurting your cheek .This will give u a mild swelling on that side. In case your in any of your teeth is decayed and if it is infected there is chances of swelling in that particular side. In case if u have third molar which is hurting the cheek due to lack of space to erupt this problem arises. And as u said about the pink spot on cheek will arise in continuous mastication forces on cheek . In this case grinding of that particular teeth for temporary relief or extraction of that teeth in case third molar will give u re leaf. Following pain killers and a topical gel like mucopain or dologel . so kindly consult your dentist and get the needful treatment done.
take care
Dr.narayan babu
Answered: Thu, 31 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Bibhu Dutt Nanda's  Response
hello and welcome to hcm forum,
you have not mentioned about the nature of pain you are experiencing, therefore i won't be able to put up a diagnosis for you, but i would suggest you continue using an antiseptic mouth wash (2-3 times/day),
avoid hot or spicy food for a while,
take an anti-inflammatory to relieve pain,
if its a tooth related problem then your dentist might take an x-ray of the concerned tooth, but if its a soft-tissue related problem,then oral medication and mouth rinses are the only resort to treat your problem.
i wish you good health.
take care.
Answered: Thu, 31 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor