Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Light periods, burning on urination, sexually active, using pull out method. Cause of concern?

Hello, I was getting a little concerned. My period is right on time this month, however it is extremely light, wichich is uncommon for me. Also, I ve noticed it burns quite a bit when I urinate and also my vajina just burns. Is this normal, or should I be worried? I am 18 years old, and sexually active but my boyfriend and I always use preventave measures such as contraceptive , condoms , and he pulls out before ejaculation . Hopefully besed on this information. Im getting extremely worried.
Asked On : Tue, 9 Oct 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hi you have not mentioned about any oral contraceptives being used by you as preventve measures and about using some lubricants locally in is advised to used different condoms becouse some condoms can be irritant. it is advised to use plenty of water for drinking purpose.moreover your condition may come to normal easily but if it persists then you must see your family or general physician.
Answered: Wed, 10 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Nupur K's  Response

Welcome to the forum. You are suffering from infection. The probable diagnosis is urinary tract infection ( UTI). You should consult a gynecologist and get clinically examined. You need to have blood and urine tests ( routine and culture sensitivity) to rule out E.coli infection ( commonest ).

If it is diagnosed positive, you should take antibiotics, antacids, re-hydrating fluids orally. You should get well by a week. Take plenty of water, soups, juice. Do not hold urine for long. Take proper care of your hygiene. Make sure if your partner is not a carrier of any infection. Avoid sex till you are under treatment or you may infect your partner.

Depending upon the diagnosis and severity of your symptoms you may have to get ( VDRL or Australia antigen tests) done. Have a good day,take care.
Answered: Wed, 10 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor