Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Ligament tear in Knee, Please help

Hello Doctor, I m Kavitha from Bangalore. When I was travelling in a bus, driver applied a break and I didn t move even a inch, my complete weight feel on my right leg and got a cluck sound in my right knee. That day there was no pain and latter knee and next part of the knee started hurting. Been to Physician - he said there is a ligament tear and asked to take few tablets for 3 days...didn t work 2nd Physician - Asked to take few tablets and adviced to wear knee cap. I had worn for 20-25 days. When I m wearing it, I was not feeling the pain, could able to walk properly without any difficult. Once I remove in the night, I could feel the pain. 3) Orthopaedic - Said no problems, asked me do not think there is a problem, as you can walk. Though I said it hurts me :( . Adviced few exercises, which didn t help. 4) Neurophysician - Asked to take x-ray and examined for nerves related issues. In x-ray, there was no problems, no nerves related issues, he had asked take tablets for 15 days. As of now, I have taken the tablets for 10 days, but no use. I m really worried. Since 3 months, I m struggling with the pain. Please help and assist me. How to go about this. Please advice me. I would be really greatful to you. Thanks a lot in advance Kavitha
Asked On : Tue, 18 Jan 2011
Answers:  5 Views:  435
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Homeopath 's  Response
Hi Kavitha,

I would suggest you to consult a Homeopath, There are medicines in Homeopathy which would help you to overcome this problem without undegoing any surgery.
If you have any further quiries you get back to me.

Get well soon....
Answered: Tue, 18 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist Udyan Bhatnagar's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum

Dear Kavita,

As Dr.Enadle suggests, please go for MRI. If the ligament tear is in advanced grade, then it will only be managed by surgical procedures. If orthopaedic advice you that ligament is intact enough to avoid surgery then Physiotherapist is the only person remains who will treat you to overcome this condition. Just catch the nearest registered Doctor of Physiotherapy and get some specific treatment for the condition.

I wish for your quick recovery!
Answered: Sat, 22 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Rajesh Enadle's  Response
Dear Kavita,
You are facing Ligamental injury, Kindly Get an MRI done.It will Confirm the diagnosis.
This type of Injuries takes time to recover, If there is a tear,u may require Surgical Intervention, Kindly get back witth MRI report.

Answered: Tue, 18 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Urologist Dr. Pramod B Ramamurthy's  Response
Knee joint has got ligaments and menisci which are soft tissues that give stability and range of motion to the joint. They can get injured like partial or incomplete tear by injury described by you. These soft tissue injuries cannot be made out on X rays and need MRI scan.
MRI scan will show the actual injury which can be corrected by conservative management or arthroscopic surgery ( key hole surgery ).
Answered: Thu, 20 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Jijo Jose's  Response
Dear Kavitha,
As per your description few points requires clarification
1- what is more troubling is it pain or instability (feeling of insecuritywhile turning around or running )?
2- Is there any episodes of locking of knee joint?
3- Is there a swelling now?
4- what is your age ?
5- was the patella (knee cap) alright after the fall ? any slipping?
6 - Have you been seen by an Arthroscopic and sports medicine specialist after the fall ?
IF minimal or no pain the problem is mostly ACL injury.
if pain and swelling is the problem most likely is a cartilage or meniscal injury.
if swelling is the major problem rather than pain mostly is due to bursitis
if knee cap is abnormal may be due to patellar dislocation.
if at older age group with swelling it may be the acute exacerbation of the existing .
Answered: Fri, 28 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor