Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Lichen planus,betnesolforte,dapsone,weight gain, swelling in face and hands

i am having lichen planus . doc gave me betnesolforte 50mg stat on every saturday and sunday in january .he started dapsone 1 hs last month on 23 march.and slowly asked me to reduce betnesol by 10mg every week..i have gained 4 kg in the past few months.have swelling on face and hands for 2-3 hours in the morning and lately started f.eeling breathlessness for the past 10 days.kindly guide me
Asked On : Sun, 29 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  214
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
thanks for the info u provided.
dapsone has the side effect on lungs of breathlessness. with increased use of dapsone there is retention of fluid resulting in swelling of face and breathless. the ultimate solution to temprorly stop the drug and to reduce ur swelling on face and improve ur breaths u can agents like syrup ventolin and caffiene
Answered: Sun, 29 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor