Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Lesions in the groin area. Pus formation. Infected hair follicles?

I have volcano type lesions in my groin area and they swell up and burst white pus then blood, I have had these for 3 years and they seem to move from one area to another and grow and swell when I am on my period. I told a doctor about this and without and exm told me they are infected hair follicles which I know isn't the case. Should I be concerned I am 51.
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  260
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Dermatologist 's  Response
welcome to healthcare magi forum
thank you for your query
i understand your concern about skin lesion.
without examination it is difficult to diagnose and treat.
your doctor should examine you.
it look like bacterial infection mostly.
but we have to find out the reason for recurrence.
you should check your sugar level .
till that you can apply antibiotic cream over the lesion .
i hope i answered your query
Answered: Fri, 19 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor