Legs swollen after sun burn. What to do about them turning purple?

On monday I went to the beach and tanned about 20 min. I got home and I felt like my skin was on fire. The next morning I woke up and my legs were swollen and could hardly walk . Ive been keeping my legs elevated since and its three days.. This morning (thursday) I woke up and my legs werent swollen any more but I was a little precautiouse so I stood laying down with my legs elevated but when I stand up they start turning purple and start to swell up again.. What can I do?
Tue, 29 Oct 2013
Welcome to healthcare magic,
You are having a severe episode of sunburns.
You might require a short course of oral steroids or topical steroids. Get these prescribed by your doctor. Avoid exposing to sun further. You may apply aloe vera gel and cold compresses.
Hope this helped,