Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Leg twisted, got sharp pain in hip, painful to walk. Should I go for medical treatment?

I was shaving my legs in the shower and balancing on my right leg while my left leg was resting on the tub. I twisted around behind me to reach something and heard a pop and felt a sharp pain in my right hip - almost the groin area. Did I pull something, tear something, or what? It is VERY painful to walk. do I need to seek medical treatment or just rest or ice it?
Asked On : Thu, 5 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  60
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I think at present there is no need to rush to emergency. You take rest, take tablet Brufen and apply ice. It will be fine in 2 days. If after that the pain persist then you can go to a orthopaedic surgeon. it looks like that you had some muscle sprain and nothing very serious.
Answered: Mon, 24 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor