Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Leg polio affected. Using crutches. Can I get it operated?

I m Tunde Alamu (30) Nigerian. My left leg is affected by polio when I was 7, i was using cruches before changing to a metal device to aid the leg with cruches. I am a chartered accountant practising in Nigeria, i would really appreciate any offer to operate the leg or provide a device that will allow me to walk freely and better than the metal device i m using now. My email address is YYYY@YYYY for any help. Thanks Tunde Alamu (ACA)
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
pollio limb surgeries are possible but it needed expertise so you should meet a doctor who is well versed with all these surgeries. Also some time result are not predictable and can cause more weakness then it was before the surgery. So my opinion is that you should seek for expert opinion before planning any such surgery.
Answered: Wed, 11 Jun 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor