Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.
Pain originating in the lower back and going down into the leg is typically suggestive of a Lumbar disc disease
protrusion causing a compression over the nerve
The initial mode of management is conservative by following measures -
* Avoid lifting heavy weights as it imparts more strain on your back
* Avoid forward bending activities as it will worsen the disc protrusion
* Use a lumbosacral back support to augment your spinal muscles
* Intermittent pelvic traction may help to cause a regression of disc
* Maintain optimum body weight,if you are obese
to strengthen your back muscles. Physiotherapy has to be done only after the acute pain has subsided.
* Use analgesics and muscle relaxants as needed.
If your symptoms are not resolving with the above measures, an Epidural steroid
injection may provide good symptomatic relief.
Hope this information is helpful. Good day